Welcome to Learning Acholi Free online with us.
Part.1C. Intoduction to Pronouns and other phrases.
|An, ane||a- (aa- sounds )||I||ana||je|
|In, ine||i- ( ee- sounds)||you||Inta, ita||tu|
|En||e- / o- (ae- sounds)||he
|Wan, wane||o- (aa-sounds)||we||Naa’nu, nina||nous|
|Wun, wune||u-(uu-sounds)||you||Intum, iitu,||vous|
English – Acholi.
- Me – An, or Kom an, or Koma.
- Me Myself – An Gikoma.
- You: – In (sing.) wun(plural)
- You Yourself – In Gikomi or Kom in.
- He/She/It – En or Kome,
- Himself/Herself/Itself – En Gikome. or Kom en.
- They – Gin
- Themselves – Komgi or Kom gin.
- They Themselves – Gin gikomgi.
- We – Wan or wane(other accent)
- We ourselves – wan gikomwa.
Ourselves -. Komwa
- Mother – Mego or Min
- Mumy – maa, or mama,
- My mum/mother – Mama na, Maa,
- Your Mum/Mother – Meru, or meni, or Mama ni.
- His/her/it Mum/Mother – Mine, or min…(..name of the person). eg: Min Okot.
- T heir Mother – Min gi or Meg’gi.
- Our Mother – Min wa, or Meg wa.
- Father – Wego or won
- Dad/Daddy – Baba, aba/oba.
- My Dad/Father – Wora or Won An, Baba na.
- Your Dad/Father – Woru or Won In, Baba ni.
- His/her/its Dad – Wone, or Won en.
- Their Dad/Father -Won gi, weg gi
- Our Dad/Father – Wonwa, or weg wa
….To be Continued
Next Lesson to cover – Brothers, Sisters, Cousins,, Uncles and Aunts.
More updates coming soon…
Folklore can be described as traditional art, literature, knowledge, and practices that are passed on in large part through oral communication and example. The information thus transmitted expresses the shared ideas and values of a particular group.
Elliott Oring states that folklore is that part of culture that “lives happily ever after”. Folklore can be classified by ethnicity, region, religion, occupation, and many other categories. Folklore can be a reflection and expression of a group’s concerns. Ethnic folklore is a significant indicator of a groups’s traditional values.
How about Folk culture? This refers to the unifying expressive components of everyday life as enacted by localized, tradition-bound groups.